Thursday, January 13, 2011

Crafting can be anything!

I really don't think that Crafting has a definition... I think of it as anything like handmade items, baking, painting, sewing, anything that you can think of and create. One of my goals for 2011 is to become a better baker, or a baker period... I bake when I have to, which means on Birthdays when I need a cake!  So I am reading up on baking, checking out the baking blogs and figuring out what exactly I want to learn first! I love all the different techniques and colors and there are sooooo many different things you can do, I'm always in awe of what I see in the blog world!
I mentioned her the other day for her art, and today her cake looked so good that I had to show you all. 
The delicious cake picture is from Goldiloks, isn't it amazing!

She also has some beautiful hand painted cookies on her blog today, so go check her out! I just want to dig in!
Next, she does cookies and cakes, and both are lovely. Today she's talking about a Valentine cake, decorated 3 ways, she goes through the process of each one and they might  be something I can do! :)

Go on over to I am Baker and enjoy all of her wonderful baking tips and ideas!
Ok, I don't know how many of you loved or even read Twilight series, but I avoided them as long as I could. I read a lot but I really wasn't interested in reading about vampires and such, but since the books got SOOOOO much hype, I gave in! This cake is the BEST cake that I have since in dedication to the books. If you google you will see.... there are more but this is by far GREAT!
It come from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen, I love this cake!

And if you love everything cookies and cupcakes you'll check out her blog for Tuesday's post! She shows her Cookie Cake Cupcakes! To... die.... for....
And if this cake is way too much for you... you can try to tone it down, and go with something not so crazy but still so wonderfully delicious!
Like these Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling from 17 And Baking.
So on that note.... I think I'm going to go grab dessert... umm I mean... LUNCH! :)

1 comment:

  1. YUM!! I love pumpkin cake, so that whoopie pie is calling my name!! I think I would like a white filling though . . . !!! That first cake is GORGEOUS! They're all beautiful, and now I'm hungry for sweets!

    ReplyDelete